Monday 8 October 2012

Tutorial 8th. October 2012

Podcast
Website 
Contact

We started with two vivas.
In the first you were to devise a tutorial for junior obstetricians and midwives on how to take an obstetric history.


Obstetric history.
Candidate’s instructions.
You are to conduct a tutorial with hospital’s junior obstetricians and midwives about how to take an obstetric history.
You have 15 minutes to prepare the headlines you would put in a model for  taking an obstetric history and to consider how you would conduct the tutorial.
Then you will have a viva with the examiner.
I had the examiner ask three questions:
1. What headings would they have for the history.
2. What clinical settings would they cover.
3. Which educational methods would be useful for the tutorial and why?

I did not record the discussion.
I want you to write the headlines you would use in the viva and answer the above questions.
Send them to me and I'll send my version.

The second was a critique of a website.
Send me an e-mail and I'll send a copy of the extract from the website we used.
For some reason it is not copying correctly onto the blog.

Then we had a role play.

GP referral letter:
Please see Mrs. Jones. She is planning her first pregnancy. Her father was recently diagnosed with Huntington's disease.



No comments:

Post a Comment