Thursday 21 April 2011

Tutorial 21st. April 2011

Podcast.
Website.
On Monday we discussed how to go about the difficult business of asking the parents for permission to conduct a post-mortem examination on a stillborn baby. I have put something on the website to let you build a technique to deal with this. Practise it with a role-player!
We did a roleplay about dealing with an angry patient. I have started to write something for the webpage and hope to finish it later today.
We also discussed writing a protocol on Monday. This was at the end of the session. I had switched off the recording just before the discussion as the group was writing their thoughts. Unfortunately I forgot to switch the recording back on! All is not lost however. I have written a document that covers the topic. Write the headlines you would use for a viva on how to create a protocol. The question might be: "You have been asked to write a protocol. Discuss the key aspects of how you would go about this with the examiner". It doesn't much matter what the protocol is about. Send me your version and I'll e-mail mine to you.
Tonight we did Down's syndrome counselling. First as a role-play, then as a viva. It threw up quite a few areas in which knowledge was sketchy.
 The next tutorial will be on Monday evening, despite it being the Bank Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment