You can click on the title or "Tutorial" above to go to Soundcloud and access and download the tutorial.
You can also access it via Dropbox.
If you want to access the podcasts on Dropbox, you need a Dropbox account.
You also need to let me know the e-mail address you use for the account.
I can then link your account to my Dropbox files and you can access them whenever you want.
If you don't have a Dropbox account, click on the link below.
This will take you to Dropbox and it is child's play to set up an account.
Tonight only Annie and Uzma attended.
They are not sitting the exam until March.
We did a couple of vivas on the basis that these could easily change into OSCEs.
Also, the more communication practice you get, the better.
Send me your answers and I'll send mine.
Questions / instructions.
1. What is the definition of ASB?
2. What is its prevalence in the pregnant and the non-pregnant.
3. Why do we screen for ASB in pregnancy?
4. How do we screen for ASB in pregnancy?
5. Which antibiotics are contraindicated in the management of UTI in pregnancy?
6. How would you decide the antibiotic to use in a case of severe pyelonephritis?
7. What would be your management of a woman who has recurrent ASB after apparently effective antibiotic treatment?
A 55 year old woman is referred by her General Practitioner.
You are an SpR in the “one-stop” PMB clinic. You are about to see a woman with bleeding some years since her menopause.
Your task is to take an appropriate history and advise her about the investigations you feel are appropriate.
Referral letter from the General Practitioner.
Re: Mrs. Mary Smith, Age 55.
5b High Street,
Please see Mrs. Smith who has had bleeding down below. It is a number of years since she reached the menopause.