Monday 15 March 2021

Tutorial 15 March 2021

15 March 2021. 8. Role-play. Healthy, nulliparous. Brother with cystic fibrosis. Pre-pregnancy counselling. 9. SBA. Molluscum contagiosum. 10. Viva. Part 3 exam. 11. Viva. Labour ward scenario. 12. EMQ. Kallmann’s syndrome 8. Role-play. Pre-pregnancy counselling. Candidate's Instructions. This is a roleplay station. You are a year 4 SpR and are in the gynaecology clinic. The consultant has just left you in charge as she is feeling unwell and has gone to lie down. Your task is to deal with the patient as you would in real life. GP referral letter. Best Medical Centre, High Road, Anytown. Phone: 01882 78998. E-mail: besthealth@gmail.com Practice Manager: Mary Wright. B.SC., RGN. Phone: 01882 78998 ext. 23. E-mail: MWbesthealth@gmail.com Re. Mrs. Bonnie Black, 25 Low Road, Anytown. DOB: 28 January 1990. Dear Doctor, Please see Mrs Black who is planning her first pregnancy. Her main concern is that her brother has cystic fibrosis. This was the first time I had met her although she has been registered with us for 5 years – her health is good and she has no history of serious illness or surgery. I have explained that I don’t know much about the implications of the brother’s cystic fibrosis for her potential pregnancies and that she needs to talk to an expert. I have stressed that the risk of her having a child with cystic fibrosis is high and that she needs to be aware that there is a distinct likelihood that any pregnancy would be likely to be affected and need TOP. Yours sincerely, John P. Clatter. 9. SBA. Molluscum contagiosum. Abbreviations. MC: molluscum contagiosum. STI: sexually-transmitted infection. Question 1. Which, if any, of the following is correct in relation to the infecting organism in MC? A it is a DNA arbovirus B it is a RNA arbovirus C it is a DNA herpesvirus D it is a RNA herpesvirus E it is a DNA poxvirus F it is a RNA poxvirus G it is a bacteriophage H it is a mycoplasma I none of the above Question 2. Which, if any, of the following are correct about MC? A is most common in children B is most commonly a STI C the typical lesions are known as ‘mollusca’ D the typical lesions are pink with a blue-purple halo E the typical lesions have a central depression F the typical lesions have a central endogenous depression G the typical lesions have a ‘lacy’ appearance. Question 3. Approximately what proportion of molluscum contagiosum occurs in children? A < 1% B 5% C 7.5% D 10% E 30% F 50% G 70% H 90% Question 4. Which, if any, of the following is true of the main reservoir of MC? A the main reservoir is cats B the main reservoir is children C the main reservoir is dogs D the main reservoir is goats E the main reservoir is sheep F the main reservoir is shellfish G none of the above Question 5. Which, if any, of the following is true in relation to the diagnosis of MC? A it is most often made clinically B it is most often made on biopsy C it is most often made on PCR testing D it is most often made on viral culture E it is most often made using the Wolff-Hertzhammer test on serum F none of the above Question 6. Which, if any, of the following should be in the list of differential diagnoses? A chickenpox B cowpox C hand foot and mouth disease D measles E orf F smallpox G none of the above Question 7. Is MC a notifiable disease? A no B yes C haven’t a clue and totally unconcerned about the matter Question 8. Which, if any, of the following is the recommended 1st. line treatment for MC? A aciclovir B colchicine C doxycycline D oseltamivir E tenofovir F none of the above Question 9. Which, if any, of the following are true in relation to MC and pregnancy? A the incidence of miscarriage is ↑ B the risk of neural tube defect is ↑ with 1st trimester infection C the incidence of preterm premature rupture of membranes is ↑ D the incidence of preterm birth is ↑ E the incidence of puerperal endometritis is ↑ F none of the above 10. Structured conversation. Part 3 exam. Candidate’s instructions. This is a viva station. The examiner will ask you 7 questions about the Part 3 exam. This would not feature in the exam, but you need to have a clear idea of what the stations are like and I hope the ensuing discussion will provide this. 11. Labour Ward Scenario 1. Candidate’s instructions. You are the registrar on duty and responsible for the labour and gynae wards. You have just had the handover. Your task is to discuss the overall management of the wards with the examiner, to prioritise the patients and decide the allocation of staff to care for them. This station was written for the first tutorial I ran for the OSCE exam when it was introduced more than 20 years ago. There are phrases and concepts that reveal this distant origin, but I have retained them for nostalgic reasons. I ran the tutorial on a Sunday afternoon when I was on-call and using what was happening on the labour and gynae wards that day. Labour Ward. Sunday 13.00 hours. 1 Mrs JH Primigravida. T+8. In labour. 6 cms. 2 Mrs AH Primigravida at T. In labour. 5 cms. 3 Mrs. BH Para 2. 30 days post delivery. 2ry. PPH > 1,000 ml. Hb. 9.3. 4 Mrs SB Primigravida. 32/52 gestation. Admitted 30 minutes ago. Abdominal pain + 200 ml. bleeding. Nephrostomy tube in situ - not draining since this morning. Low placenta on 20 week scan. 5 Mrs KW Para 1. In labour. Cx. 5 cm. Ceph at spines. 6 Mrs KT Para 0+1. 38 weeks. SROM. Ceph 2 cm. above spines. Clear liquor. 7 Mrs TB Para 1. T+4. Clinically big baby. Cx fully dilated for 1 hour. Early decelerations. 8 Mrs RJ Primigravida. Epidural. RIF pain. Cx fully dilated for 1 hour. Shallow late decelerations. OT position. Distressed ++. BP /105. ++ protein. Urine output 50 ml in past 4 hours. 9 Mrs KC Transfer from ICU. 13 days after delivery of 32 week twins. Laparotomy on day 7 for pelvic pain and fever. Infected endometriotic cyst removed. IV antibiotics changed to oral. Gynaecology ward. 8 major post-operative cases who have been seen on the morning ward round and are stable. The husband of a patient who had Wertheim's hysterectomy on the Friday was asking to see a doctor for a report on the operation. 1 Mrs JB 10 week incomplete miscarriage. Hb. 10.8. Moderate fresh bleeding. 2 Ms AS 19 years old. Nulliparous. Just admitted with left iliac fossa pain. Scan shows unilocular 5 cm. ovarian cyst. Medical staff: Consultant at home. Registrar - you. Senior House Officer with 12 months experience. Registrar in Anaesthesia. Consultant Anaesthetist on call at home. Midwifery staff: Senior Sister. Trained to take theatre cases. Able to site IV infusions and suture episiotomies and tears. 3 staff midwives. 1 trained to take theatre cases. Two able to site IV infusions. 1 Community midwife looking after Mrs. KW. 2 Pupil Midwives. 12. Kallmann’s syndrome. Lead-in. Pick one option from the option list. Abbreviations. Ks: Kallmann’s syndrome Scenario 1. Which of the following might be included in descriptions of Kallmann’s syndrome? Option list. A hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism B hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism + anosmia C hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism + anosmia + colour-blindness. D hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism due to uterine agenesis Scenario 2. Lead in. Which, if any, of the following are features of the Kallmann phenotype? A absent or minimal breast development B aortic stenosis C blue eyes D blue hair E hot flushes F short stature G tall stature H vaginal agenesis I none of the above Scenario 3. How common is Kallmann’s syndrome and what is the female: male ratio? A 1 in 1,000 and F:M ratio 1:1 B 1 in 5,000 and F:M ratio 1:1 C 1 in 10,000 and F:M ratio 1:4 D 1 in 50,000 and F:M ratio 1:4 E 1 in 100,000 and F:M ratio 1:8 F 1 in 250,000 and F:M ration 1:10 Scenario 4. What is the most common mode of inheritance of Ks? Option list. A autosomal dominant B autosomal recessive C X-linked recessive D new mutation of the ANOS1 gene E the most common mode of inheritance is not known Scenario 5. How is Kallmann’s syndrome diagnosed? A abdominal and pelvic ultrasound scan B cell-free fetal DNA C chromosome analysis D CT scan of hypothalamus / pituitary E MR scan of hypothalamus / pituitary F none of the above. Scenario 6. How is Kallmann’s syndrome treated initially? Which of the following statements are true? Option list. A GnRH analogue depot B pulsatile GnRH therapy C combined oral contraceptive D counselling & education re gender re-assignment E depot progestogen F none of the above Scenario 7. A woman was diagnosed with Kallmann’s syndrome at 16 and had successful initial treatment. She is now 25, married and wishes to have a pregnancy. She has had pre-pregnancy assessment and counselling. Which of the following should be considered? A GnRH analogue depot B induction of ovulation with clomiphene C gonadotrophin therapy D pulsatile GnRH therapy E none of the above

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd,HPV,Cancer, Hepatitis,Shingles, Diabetes,Epilepsy,Infertility, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small fraction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ubarlo who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by Dr Ubarlo, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ubarlo cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Ubarlo healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    (12) ENLARGEMENT CREAM
    and mare that are not mentioned here
    . he also cure my friend from cervical cancer. so contact him thruogh his Email address drubarlohome@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348119508814

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just want to take this opportunity to tell everyone about my experience with Dr Ozala concerning my Herpes type 1 and 2 which i have been diagnosed for 8 years ago until i saw this link: https://dr-ozala-herbal-product.jimdosite.com/ and a comment of a lady called Nora who claims to be cured from Herpes by Dr Ozala.
    so i decided to take my chance with the doctor even when I had previous experience with Africans but I had no choice because I wasn't getting younger and my fiance broke up with me  in 2019 when he found out I was diagnosed with Herpes. so contacted Dr Ozala on his website and he told me that he has the cure to my health problem and he gave me his WhatsApp number: +2348156857280 and we talked and he asked me some personal questions which he later sent me the medicine and i followed his instructions for 11 days and went for a test which to my own surprise came out negative, i didn't believe my eyes, so i thanked Dr Ozala and waited for 8 months and i went to redo the test and found out that i was permanently cured from herpes type 1 and 2.
    so i advice you all to get in touch with Dr Ozala and get cured permanently..
    His email: drozalaherbalcure@gmail.com
    His WhatsApp number: +2348156857280 
    His Websites: https://dr-ozala-herbal-product.jimdosite.com/
    https://dr-ozala-herbal-cure.business.site/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natural Herbal Medicine To Cure {HERPES DISEASE} TOTALLY HERE
    Do you need a solution to cure your Herpes Disease contact Dr Idedia to help and he will surely help you to cure your Herpes disease .. I have suffered from Herpes-2 for 4years ago which almost took my life. But one day I was searching the internet and I found Dr Idedia saw so many testimonies on how Dr Idedia helps people in curing their deadly diseases, and I contacted Dr Idedia asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. He prepared herbal medicine for me and I received the herbal medicine and after using it for 2 weeks my condition has greatly improved, all my symptoms including Abdominal pain, Nausea and vomiting, Loss of appetite stopped, so I went to my doc and was confirmed negative. I am Herpes disease free! contact the herbal doctor via his email> dr.idediatraditionalhealinghome@gmail.com or his cell number / WhatsApp> +2349126592869

    ReplyDelete